We understand the different contingencies that can arise from the international regulations on COVID-19, local policies, and public health in general. For this reason, we have flexible cancellation policies for all our trips and events.
We can organize multiple itineraries to reduce the size of the groups that we assist in each of our activities. This way, we avoid crowding the locations we operate in with travelers.
To join and participate in the activities from VAOVA, we have strict protocols of temperature reading, monitoring symptoms, use of face masks, and continuous disinfection, among others, according to the standards set by the venues and the health authorities.
- The use of a face mask is mandatory at all times.
It is mandatory to wash or disinfect hands before each activity.
- Carrying a vaccination card is mandatory for entry to various establishments.
- In accordance with the biosecurity guidelines established by the locations and/or local authorities, VAOVA may reserve the right to refuse admission to any traveler who refuses to comply with the basic rules, both for specific activities and for their stay on the trip in general.
If anyone registers a temperature of 37.5°C or higher or shows any COVID-19 related symptoms before the start of an activity, they will not be allowed to participate in the activities until a negative test is presented or medical authorities instruct otherwise. In such cases, the following protocol will be followed:
- The traveler must provide the following information: full name, phone, and room number.
- The traveler must self-isolate in the hotel until instructed otherwise by medical authorities. The VAOVA team will be in touch with further instructions.
1.Breakfast à la carte will be offered at the restaurant or through room service, depending on the hotel.
2. The rooms will be sealed and disinfected, following all the security protocols required by the local government.
3. Overcrowding in the lobby is not permitted, and there will be a maximum number of people allowed per elevator.
- The traveler must follow a quarantine in a medical establishment or the hotel in compliance with medical instructions.
- They will not be allowed to participate in the remaining activities.
- If necessary, the following expenses must be covered by the traveler: accommodation extensions, flight ticket changes, foods and beverages throughout the quarantine period, and any other expenses associated with testing for COVID-19.
- VAOVA will cover the expenses of the antigens tests for the roommates of travelers that tested positive.